Inventory marketplaces finished the 7 days greater after a few straight months of loses – The fourth quarter GDP figure was introduced Thursday. The Gross Domestic Item (GDP) is the broadest measurement of the wellbeing of the financial system. It signifies the benefit of all products and expert services made in just the U.S. The fourth quarter GDP greater 6.9% 12 months-around-calendar year. That was as a welcome rebound from a disappointing 2.3% progress determine in the third quarter. For the full calendar year of 2021 the annualized GDP was up 5.7%, the highest enhance because 1984. Reporting of fourth-quarter corporate earnings has begun. Company revenue are coming in bigger than expected. Whilst bond and house loan fees have risen sharply, buyers experience that they are commencing to degree out and the anticipated foreseeable future increases by the Fed are by now created into the recent charges.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed the week at 34,725.47, up 1.3% from 34,265.37 final 7 days. It is down 4.4% 12 months to date.
- The S&P 500 shut the week at 4,431.35, up .08% from 4,397.94 final 7 days. The S&P is down 7.1% year to date.
- The NASDAQ closed the 7 days at 14,454.61, up 5% from 13,758.92 past week. It is down 7.6% year to date.
U.S. Treasury bond yields – The 10-yr treasury bond closed the 7 days yielding 1.78%, pretty much unchanged from 1.75% last 7 days. The 30-yr treasury bond produce finished the week at 2.07%, unchanged from 2.07% very last 7 days. We enjoy bond yields because house loan premiums generally comply with treasury bond yields.
Home finance loan rates – The January 27, 2022 Freddie Mac Major Property finance loan Survey documented property finance loan fees for the most popular bank loan goods as follows:
- The 30-calendar year mounted home loan charge was 3.55%, unchanged from 3.56% last 7 days.
- The 15-calendar year set was 2.80%, unchanged from 2.79% past 7 days.
- The 5-12 months ARM was 2.70%, also unchanged from 2.69% previous 7 days.
U.S. Current Residence Sales – 2021 marks the greatest number of residences sold since 2006 – The Nationwide Association of Realtors reported that current-dwelling revenue totaled 6.21 million in 2021, up 8.3% from the variety of homes offered in 2020. That represented the most properties bought in a 12 months because 2006. The median price of a house ended the 12 months 15.8% larger than at the finish of 2020. December marked a report 118-straight months of year-about-yr improves in the median value compensated for a house in the United States. Stock amounts also hit a document very low. Inventory levels finished 2021 with 14.2% less homes for sale than the selection of residences for sale at the conclusion of 2020. There was just a 1.8 thirty day period source of households for sale on December 31, 2021, an all-time reduced.
Have a excellent weekend!
Tina Lucarelli – DRE 02102354