Inventory marketplaces continue on to rally to record stages – Both equally the S&P and DOW hit file highs on Friday next a week of really powerful company earnings experiences. Afternoon remarks from Fed Chairman Jerome Powel about tapering down asset buys and his expectation of a lot more persistent inflation than he formerly anticipated induced stocks to slip off their report highs at the end of the day.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Ordinary shut the week at 35,677.02, up 1.1% from 35,294.76 last week. It is up 16.5% yr-to-day.
- The S&P 500 shut the week at 4,544.71, up 1.6% from 4,471.37 previous week. It is up 21.5% yr-to-date.
- The NASDAQ closed the week at 15,090.20, up 1.3% from 14,897.34 very last 7 days. It is up 16.8% calendar year-to-day.
U.S. Treasury bond yields – The 10-year treasury bond shut the week yielding 1.66%, up from 1.59% previous week. The 30-yr treasury bond produce ended the 7 days at 2.08%, up slightly from 2.05% very last week. We enjoy bond yields simply because mortgage prices typically comply with treasury bond yields.
House loan rates – The Oct 21, 2021, Freddie Mac Major Home loan Survey described mortgage rates for the most well known bank loan merchandise as follows:
- The 30-yr mounted home finance loan fee was 3.09%, up slightly from 3.05% past 7 days.
- The 15-calendar year preset was 2.33%, up a little from 2.30% very last 7 days.
- The 5-12 months ARM was 2.54% almost unchanged from 2.55% previous week.
U.S. Current-dwelling product sales increase 7% in September – The Countrywide Association of Realtors noted that existing-household sales jumped 7% from the selection of revenue claimed in August. Yr-more than-yr sales have been down 2.3% from the in the vicinity of-history of profits 1 12 months in the past. The median selling price paid for a house in the United States elevated 13.3% from past September.
California home revenue increase 5.6% month-around-thirty day period in September – The California Affiliation of Realtors reported that current house gross sales totaled 438,190, up 5.6% thirty day period-about-month from August, and down 10.5% 12 months-about-year from September 2020. Yr-to-date product sales are up 16.8% from the exact same time period very last year. The median rate compensated for an existing dwelling in September was $808,890, up 13.5% from past September when the median price was $712,430. There was a 1.9 month supply of households for sale in September, down slightly from a 2. month source of residences for sale a person 12 months in the past.
The graph down below displays exercise by County for Southern California.